I. Data protection declaration
II. Our commitment to your privacy
A. HistoricalTv (collectively, “we“or”us“) Is happy to offer you its online services and applications: historicaltv.net (the“Website”).
- how and why we collect certain information from you about the Service;
- how we use this information and who we share it with;
- how to access and update such information; and
- the decisions you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
III. Information we collect and how we collect it
A. We collect information in the following ways: (i) We collect information that you submit through the Service. (ii) we collect information that we derive from your use of the service; and (iii) we collect information that we receive from Social Networking Services (defined below) when you connect to the Service through your social media account. The information collected enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the service.
B. In connection with the Service, we collect the following types of information from and about you, including:
- Account information. You may need to create a user account for certain features of the Service (an “account”). When you create an account with us, you may be asked to provide information such as your name, username, password, mailing address, email address, gender, date of birth, photo and location.
- User content. The service allows you to view, create, reproduce, view, execute, and share certain content with your social networks, among other things. Other features of the service allow you to submit content, including videos, audio, images, graphics, written posts, comments, and other forms of multimedia (collectively, “User Content”). In addition, your user content is published and transmitted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the service for whom you share user content. Therefore, we cannot and cannot guarantee that your user content will not be displayed by unauthorized persons.
- Information from surveys. If you choose to take part in our surveys, we will record your IP address in addition to your survey responses.
- Technical usage information. When you use the services, we automatically collect information that is sent to us from your computer, mobile phone, or another access device. This information includes:
- IP addresses and device IDs, and we collect and monitor other data and information related to your device, cellular network, and standard web information about your activity on the job, such as: B. Your browser type and the pages you access on our website. We collect and monitor this data to analyze trends, manage the service, identify users when they visit or use the service, track user movements while using the service and anonymized demographic information for aggregated use in content analysis – or to collect referral services. We will also use the IP addresses and device IDs to enable geo-target advertising.
- We will use web beacons / GIF, pixel tags, and/or other data and analysis. These are instrumentation tools that we can use, for example, to determine whether and how often a page has been displayed or not. If you ask us to send you information about a promotion or newsletter, we use web beacons to determine how many emails are actually open. In general, any electronic image displayed as part of a website, including an advertising banner, can act as a web beacon. We will use web beacons to collect web usage analytics and we will use similar tools to collect such information from mobile devices.
- When you visit parts of the service, the server automatically generates a “session log” with the corresponding pages. We use session logs to determine how people travel through the service. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the most frequently visited information is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine whether the information we provide is being used. The only data collected is the IP address from which you came, the source from which you were referred, the device ID, the pages you visited, and/or the date and time of these visits.
- Advertising and personalization information. In order to support and improve the service, we deliver advertising via the service (including, without limitation, pre- and post-roll, banner, frame and pop-up advertising). These ads are sometimes targeted to specific users and are advertised by third parties as “Ad networks”. As used herein, ad networks may include third-party ad servers, advertising agencies, ad technology providers, and data research companies. Advertising provided through the service may be aimed at users who correspond to a certain general profile category, which was determined by data and research. This may be based on (i) information derived from data provided to us by a user, (ii) certain usage patterns of the service user, including tracking web and mobile usage, (iii) the content that You create or share, or (iv) your activities on third-party services (as defined in Section X (Third Party Services)).
IV. How we use the information you collect
A. Since it is in our legitimate interest to provide our services, to respond to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as follows:
- to register and maintain your account;
- to secure your account and prevent fraud;
- for our internal records, tracking and legitimate business purposes;
- to contact you to answer your questions or requests or to provide technical support;
- so that you can give us feedback;
- to enable you to participate in surveys on your user experience and viewing interests;
- to provide and communicate with you the services, content, features or products that you use or request, including providing information about changes to the service that affect your account and / or your use of the service may) give your consent if required by applicable law;
- Customize and optimize the content or ads you receive when you use the Service;
- Improve and monetize the Service, including tracking traffic, usage, trends and navigation patterns related to your activity on the Service and attaching aggregate third party data to your information;
- Generate aggregated and anonymized reports and analytics based on your use of the services we may share with content providers, advertisers, television production companies, cable networks, OTT platforms, talent agencies, or others in the television industry, and what viewers think of certain opinions, which ones There was activity in our services after the advertisement;
- respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal proceedings or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims;
- otherwise we describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your prior consent.
B. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to send you communications about the operation of the service or to notify you of changes to the service or other events or events that affect your access to or use of the service (e.g., the service) affect announcements, administrative communications, and the like) without giving you the option to disable them.
C. If we send you marketing communications and you want to opt out of receiving future marketing communications, you can do so at any time. You may be able to do this by clicking “Deactivate” in a future communication, logging into your corresponding account and finding options to edit your settings. Otherwise you can tell us your settings by sending us an email to [email protected].
V. Sharing your information
Your information can be shared as follows:
ON. We may share aggregated and anonymized information about your interests, your use of the service and the links and advertisements you follow with content providers, advertisers, television production companies, cable networks, OTT platforms, talent agencies or others in the television industry.
B. Surveys. If you choose to take our surveys, we use Survey Monkey to conduct those surveys. Survey Monkey has access to your survey responses and your IP address.
C. Security and compliance with the law. We will disclose all information, including personal information, that is required to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal procedures or official requirements, to enforce our rights or to protect the security of the service or other users.
D. Business transfers. In the event that WNI goes through a business transition, e.g. If, for example, a merger or takeover by another company or the sale of all or part of its assets, we will transfer your personal data and other information to the successor organization as part of such a transaction. If there are significant changes to the privacy practices of the service as a result of the transfer of business, WNI or its successor will attempt to notify you by also posting a notice about the service so that you can decide whether to delete your account.
E. To service providers who provide services for us. We engage third-party companies to provide services on our behalf, including advertising, marketing support, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and data research and analysis, and provide you with your information to promote these services. We require third-party providers to ensure the security of the information disclosed to them.
VI. Transfer your information
A. We are a US-based company. If you are outside the United States, please note that the information you collect is transferred to and stored in a destination outside of your country and the European economy.EEA”) To provide the services to you, and in particular to the United States, which may have different or less protective data protection laws than in your country.
B. If the GDPR applies and our processors of your data are located outside the EEA, this transfer will either be: (i) to a recipient certified by the US Department of Commerce’s EU-US Privacy Shield; or (ii) subject to the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e. the standard contractual clauses “Model clauses”). For more information on the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website. If you would like to see a copy of the model clauses, please contact [email protected].
VII. How long do we keep your data?
A. We will keep your data as follows, as long as we are required to provide the service to you or to meet our legal requirements and to defend legal claims.
B. After you have finished using the service, we save your data in an aggregated and anonymized format.
VIII. How to access and change your information
You can access and change the information you have provided to us as follows:
A. You can contact us at [email protected] and request the review, change or deletion of the information we have collected and/or ask us to stop collecting information from you in the future.
B. Once you have created an account, you can review and change certain of your personal and other information by logging into your account and updating your account profile.
Cookies, small text files that are recorded on a user’s hard drive, are used by thousands of websites to improve the web display of users. Cookies cannot damage user files or read information from a user’s hard drive. Cookies enable websites and advertisers to “remember” users across pages of a website and across multiple visits to a website. We use session and persistent cookies to store user preferences and current session information. By using cookies, we can deliver faster service, more consistent, updated results, and a more personalized website. In addition to cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the website, we use the following cookies:
- (on) Functional cookies, that improve your experience on our website (e.g. remember which language you speak).
- (b) Performance cookies, including Google Analytics (see below for more information) that allow us to provide a better user experience based on the use of our website.
- (c) Targeting or advertising for cookies. set by third parties, including Proper.io, who tell us and those third parties about your browsing habits so that you receive advertising that is more relevant to you.
- (d) Social media cookies, which are determined by social networking services and allow you to share your activities on the website in social media.
You have certain options to control or restrict what information we share with advertisers, ad networks, or other third-party services (as defined in Section X). Third-party services)). These options depend on whether the information is collected through the website or the app.
ON. Site options. Most browsers are originally set up to accept cookies. However, you can visit our Cookie Privacy Center here and set your cookie settings. We or our providers or content partners use various common online tracking tools, including browser and flash cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to personalize your experience with the service, to provide measurement services and to provide you with targeted advertising. You can change your cookie settings in most browsers. You can usually find these settings in the “Options” or “Settings” menu of your browser. Otherwise, you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more information. Some web browsers have a “Don’t Track” feature that allows the browser to choose whether a user doesn’t want to track their online activity. Mechanisms are also available for the digital advertising industry that you can use to register your intention not to receive targeted advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices, http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and http : //www.youronlinechoices.com.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that we use to understand how users interact with the website. Like many other services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case where they are used to collect information about how users use our website. This information is used to generate reports and to improve our website. The reports reveal website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can deactivate Google Analytics without affecting your visit to our website.
ON. Options for the app. Mobile devices may contain settings that allow you to disable tracking advertising and/or analytics. In addition, the digital advertising industry offers mobile users the opportunity to register their intention to not receive targeted advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
If you disable cookies or disable tracking or disabling similar features on your mobile device, some or all areas of the services may not be optimized for your use. You may not be able to access the functions of the Services and the Services. Advertising that you receive may not be relevant to you.
If you are a person accessing our services from the EEA, please also read Section XV (Your EEA data protection rights) below.
X. Third-party services
XI. Our policy towards children
A. This service is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 and do not knowingly allow that person to register an account. Children under the age of 13 should not use or access the service at any time.
XII. Security of your data
A. We take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to protecting user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information to those employees who we reasonably believe need such information for their work.
B. Your account information is protected by the password that you use to access your account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account and notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
C. Although we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the service, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other violations will never occur. We strongly recommend that you take steps to protect your personal information (including your account password) and to log out of your account after use.
XIV. Your California Privacy Rights
A. A resident of California who has provided personal information to a company with which he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family or household purposes (“California customer”) Is entitled to request information as to whether the company has passed personal data on to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If the company has made such disclosure of personal data, the company will generally be required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information has been disclosed in the previous calendar year and a list of the categories of personal information that has been disclosed after receiving a request from a California customer.
C. California customers can request more information about compliance with this law by emailing [email protected]. Please note that we only have to respond to one request per customer each year and not to requests made in any other way than via this email address.
XV. Your EEA data protection rights
If you are in the EEA, you may have certain rights under the GDPR as listed below.
ON. Access and portability: You have the right to ask us to access the personal information we hold about you and to receive certain information about how we use your information and who we share it with. If you have provided us with your personal data on the basis of our contract with you or on the basis of your consent, you have the right to request a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to do so. Share this data with another person Data controller.
B. B. Right to cancellation: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you:
- if you believe that we no longer have to keep your data;
- if we process your data on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot prove an overriding legitimate reason for the processing;
- if you have provided us with your data with your consent and want to withdraw your consent and there is no other reason under which we can process your data; or
- if you believe that the personal data we hold about you will be processed unlawfully by us.
C. Limitation: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data (to stop any active processing):
- if you believe that the information we have about you is inaccurate and we check the accuracy;
- where we want to delete your information because the processing is unlawful but you want us to keep it;
- if we no longer need your data for the purposes of our processing, but you need to keep the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- if you have objected to the processing of your data on the basis of our legitimate interests and we are examining your objection.
D. In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate reason.
E. You have the right to object to our processing of information about you at any time in order to send you marketing, including the location where we create profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for this purpose.
Q. To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at [email protected]
G. Please note that these rights are limited, for example, if the fulfillment of your request would adversely affect other people, if there are compelling reasons of public interest or if we are legally obliged to store your personal data.
XVI. Contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy policies and/or practices, please send an email to: [email protected]